Top Azure Monitor frequently asked interview questions.
- What is Azure Monitor?
- What are the features of Azure Monitor?
- What is the process of Azure Monitor Logs?
- What is Role Instance?
- What are the types of Roles in Az Monitor?
- What is NSG?
- How can we build Custom Data Collectors for Az Monitor?
- What are the services used in managing resources in Azure Monitor?
- What data is collected by Azure Monitor?
- What is an Action Rule?
- How do we enable Multi-line Logging in Azure Monitor?
What is Azure Monitor?Azure Monitor is used in minimizing the Performance and Availability of our applications and servers.It also helps in delivering comprehensive solutions for Acting, Analyzing and Collecting on telemetry from our on-premises environments.Azure Monitor helps us in understanding how our application are performed and are also used in identifying issues and affecting them as they depend on.
What are the features of Azure Monitor?Features of Azure Monitor are as follows:
- Monitoring Applications - Azure Monitor helps by monitoring the applications and the usage of our web applications and are hosted on azure.
- Monitoring Infrastructure - Azure Monitor helps by analyzing and optimising the performance of our infrastructure consisting VMs(Virtual Machines), Azure Kubernetes Service and Azure Storage.
- Monitoring Network - Azure Monitor helps by monitoring and diagnosing all the networking issues without logging into our VMs.
What is the process of Azure Monitor Logs?
Data that are retrieved from log analytics workspace by Log Query and is a read-only request are used in processing data and returning its results.
What is Role Instance?Role Instance helps in running role configurations and can also be multiple instances of a role as the definition in the Cloud Service Configuration files.
What are the types of Roles in Az Monitor?There are 3 types of roles in Az Monitor:
- Web Role helps in deploying websites with languages supported by IIS.
- Worker Role helps in executing Background Processes.
- VM Role helps in enabling users for scheduling tasks and window services, also allowing us in customizing the machines on the Web and Worker Role is running.