Top SAP Business Objects Administration Interview Questions
- What do you understand by SAP Business objects?
- Explain the arrangement of SAP Business qcustomer apparatuses.
- What are the advantages of using business objects?
- What is a setting in the universe and how they are made?
- Explain the pros of using business objects.
- List out the different products related to Business Objects.
- Define Designer?
- What are the kinds of modes associated with designer and business objects?
- What is a personal connection?
- Responsibilities and Duties of Business Objects Administrator?
- What are Managing Users in SAP BO?
- Define a context in the universe.
- What Are The User Requirements In This Universe?
- What Are Memory Datastores?
- List Some Factors For Performance Tuning In Data Services?
- What Is The Difference Between A Repository And A Datastore?
- How to Create Guest Account?
- What Is The Difference Between A Parameter And A Variable?
- What Are Adapters?
What do you understand by SAP Business objects?BusinessObjects (BO) is a Business intelligence (BI) software from SAP to create interactive ad-hoc reports for users on SAP and non-SAP data sources. Managing BO environment in a large enterprise is one of biggest challenge for System Administrators. SAP BO tool comes with large number of inbuilt tools which is used by BO Administrators to configure and manage BO environment.
BusinessObjects Administrator tools are used for configuring BO environment and services, manage BI reports, monitoring and auditing, users and security, events and alert management and other administration activities.
Explain the arrangement of SAP Business customer apparatuses.
- Business qwork area devices: These are additionally called as window-based apparatuses. They can be propelled from the condition of the window. Suppose, we have IDT (Information configuration apparatus), UDT (Universe configuration instrument), live office, and so on. We can't dispatch them from web/BI platform. For instance, on the off chance that you have to transmit UDT, you will open it through windows like this.
- Business protest web customer apparatuses: These are the devices which can be propelled from BI platform. They are program based apparatuses. For instance, Business objects pilgrim, investigation version for OLAP, and so on.
What are the advantages of using business objects?The advantages of Business Objects are:
- There are many advantages of business objects
- Easy to use
- Dragging and dropping
- Graphical interface
- Business terms that are familiar
- Powerful reports for a lesser amount of time.
What is a setting in the universe and how they are made?In a universe, a setting characterizes a specific join way between the tables or a particular gathering of joins in the particular inquiry. Any articles made on a table segment which have a place with specific settings is normally good with every single other protest from same settings. At the point when things from at least two settings are utilized, isolate SQL is created and comes about are at that point converged in a smaller scale solid shape. This ensures no off-base outcome is created because of the circle or some other join way issue.
Settings might be made utilizing recognize settings highlight or physically. They are for the most part made because of intelligent computation and business prerequisites; henceforth the recognize-setting technique isn't extremely successful. To physically make a setting to Insert > Context and give the setting name and then select all the joins which ought to be available in the unique circumstance. For the universe, setting ought to be made in such a way which will make all the joins (else then alternate route joins) drop in no less than one setting.
Explain the pros of using business objects.
- User friendliness
- Familiar business terms
- Graphical interface
- Deployment of documents on an enterprise basis by making use of WebI
- Dragging and dropping
- Powerful reports for a lesser amount of time
List out the different products related to Business Objects.There are various kinds of products related to business objects, and they are:
- User module
- Set Analyzer
- Info View
- Broadcast Agent
Define Designer?The designer is a module related to Business Objects IS used by the designers for creating and maintaining universes. Universes can be considered as a semantic layer that can isolate the end users from the various issues that are technical and related to the structure of the database. Universe designers have the possibility for distributing the universes to the end users after moving these as a file through the system of files or can be done by exporting the files to the repository.
What are the kinds of modes associated with designer and business objects?
- Enterprise mode
- Workgroup mode
What is a personal connection?A personal connection can be created only by a single user, and it can't be made used by others. The details regarding such a connection can be usually stored inside PDAC.LSI file.
Responsibilities and Duties of Business Objects Administrator?Perform configuration and tests to all business objects.
Administer and supervise configuration of all business objects.
Develop various use cases and provide functional specifications for teams and individuals.
Documents all business objects data and Meta data and supervise security of all areas.
Coordinate with various departments and configure all ETL extractors as per SAP requirement.
Coordinate with various departments and develop multidimensional data models.
Assist all SAP Business Objects investment and provide support to business intelligence team.
Provide support to all SAP business objects and provide appropriate upgrade on environment.
Design universe on SAP Business Intelligence and prepare ad hoc reports for same.
Prepare reports as per organization requirement.
Ensure compliance to all business objects and best practices.
Analyze all information from end users and prepare reports with help of various softwares.
Coordinate with solution architect and prepare appropriate architecture for business objects.
What are Managing Users in SAP BO?You need to manage users in your BI environment to control the access to Repository objects. User and groups are managed in CMC under Users and Groups management area. Login to CMC console and then Select Users and Groups, as shown in the screen below -
When you select Users and Groups from drop down list, it shows you below options in CMC console -
- User List
- Group List
- Group hierarchy
Define a context in the universe.Context can be defined as the particular path of the join between a specific group of joins or the tables for the purpose of a particular query. A particular object that can be found inside the column of a table, belonging to particular context is supposed to be compatible with all the various kinds of objects belonging to the same context. In the case of objects that are from the various kinds of context, different kinds of SQL can be generated, and the results can be merged inside the micro cube. This is for making sure that there is no incorrect result associated with a loop or any other kind of issue related with join path.
What Are The User Requirements In This Universe?The user's requirements in this universe are the Database connections, key column, join and check for loop if you need measures, metrics. The steps to be followed should be:
- The connection should be defined.
- Create the classes and objects
- Give the joins and then resolve the loops
- Generate the universe
What Are Memory Datastores?Data Services also allows you to create a database datastore using Memory as the Database type. Memory Datastores are designed to enhance processing performance of data flows executing in real-time jobs.
List Some Factors For Performance Tuning In Data Services?The following sections describe ways you can adjust Data Integrator performance:
- Source-based performance options
- Using array fetch size
- Caching data
- Join ordering
- Minimizing extracted data
- Target-based performance options
- Loading method and rows per commit
- Staging tables to speed up auto-correct loads
- Job design performance options
- Improving throughput
- Maximizing the number of pushed-down operations
- Minimizing data type conversion
- Minimizing local conversion
- Improving Informix repository performance
What Is The Difference Between A Repository And A Datastore?A Repository is a set of tables that hold system objects, source and target metadata, and transformation rules. A Datastore is an actual connection to a database that holds data.
How to Create Guest Account?In SAP BO environment, your guest account is disabled by default, however, you enable this to allow access to BI Launchpad without providing their own credentials. To create or enable the guest account, navigate to Users and Groups management area in CMC console. Under User list, search for the Guest account as below -
To enable or manage the guest account, select Guest account -> Manage -> Properties. This can be seen in the screen given below -
This will open Properties window for Guest account. To enable the guest account, you must scroll down and find checkbox which says Account is disabled and uncheck this option Save and Close. For your reference, this is shown below -