JSON Interview Questions
In this post we will look at JSON Testing Tool Interview questions. Examples are provided with explanation.
Q: Explain what is JSON?
The JSON format is often used for serializing and transmitting structured data over a network connection. It is used primarily to transmit data between a server and web application, serving as an alternative to XML.
Q: What are the advantages and disadvantages of using JSON?
A: The Advantages of using JSON are as follows-
- Smaller message size
- More structural information in the document
- Can easily distinguish between the number 1 and the string "1" as numbers, strings (and Booleans) are represented differently in JSON.
- Can easily distinguish between single items and collections of size one (using JSON arrays).
- Easier to represent a null value
- Namespaces allow for sharing of standard structures
- Better representation for inheritance
- Standard ways of expressing the structure of the document: XML schema, DTD, etc
- Parsing standards: DOM, SAX, StAX
- Standards for querying: XQuery and XPath
- Standards for transforming a document: XSLT
Q: What is JSON RPC?
A: JSON-RPC is a stateless, light-weight remote procedure call (RPC) protocol. Primarily this specification defines several data structures and the rules around their processing. ..It uses JSON (RFC 4627) as data format.
Q: What data types are supported by JSON?