Continuous Integration Interview Questions
In this post we will look at Continuous Integration Interview questions. Examples are provided with explanation.
Q: What is Continuous Integration?
A: Continuous Integration (CI) is a development practice that requires developers to integrate code into a shared repository several times a day. Each check-in is then verified by an automated build, allowing teams to detect problems early. By integrating regularly, you can detect errors quickly, and locate them more easily. .
Q: What are the advantages of using Continuous Integration?
A: The Advantages of Continuous Integration are as follows -
- If any issue in software, we can identify it at an early stage
- Helps separate software builds and software deployments
- Continuous development and deployments
- Automated builds and testing
- Helps build more reliable software
Q: Which tools to use for Continuous Integration?
A: Following tools can be used for continuous integration-
- Travis CI
- Go CD
- GitLab CI
Q: How is Docker used for Continuous Integration?
A: The most basic way is to use a Continuous Integration (CI) platform, such as Jenkins, which offers a Docker plugin. Docker CI plugins allow you to build your code inside Docker containers to create a container image, then push that image to a repository for deployment. So once the developer commits some code, immediately integration tests are run in the docker container. If any issue the tests will fail and developer know it immediately. He does not need to wait for testers to run regression tests.
Q: What are the best practices for Continuous Integration?
A: Following are the best practices for continuous integration-
- Maintain a code repository
- Automate the build
- Make the build self-testing
- Everyone commits to the baseline every day
- Every commit (to baseline) should be built
- Keep the build fast
- Test in a clone of the production environment
- Make it easy to get the latest deliverables
- Everyone can see the results of the latest build
- Automate deployment