Continuous Integration Interview Questions
In this post we will look at Continuous Integration Interview questions. Examples are provided with explanation.
Q: What is Continuous Integration?
A: Continuous Integration (CI) is a development practice that requires developers to integrate code into a shared repository several times a day. Each check-in is then verified by an automated build, allowing teams to detect problems early. By integrating regularly, you can detect errors quickly, and locate them more easily. .
Q: What are the advantages of using Continuous Integration?
A: The Advantages of Continuous Integration are as follows -
- If any issue in software, we can identify it at an early stage
- Helps separate software builds and software deployments
- Continuous development and deployments
- Automated builds and testing
- Helps build more reliable software
Q: Which tools to use for Continuous Integration?
A: Following tools can be used for continuous integration-
- Travis CI
- Go CD
- GitLab CI
Q: What are the best practices for Continuous Integration?
A: Following are the best practices for continuous integration-
- Maintain a code repository
- Automate the build
- Make the build self-testing
- Everyone commits to the baseline every day
- Every commit (to baseline) should be built
- Keep the build fast
- Test in a clone of the production environment
- Make it easy to get the latest deliverables
- Everyone can see the results of the latest build
- Automate deployment